[BUG][FIX] inconsistent mouse button definitions

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Oct 18 17:08:32 UTC 2000

Using the latest 2.9a stuff.

In EventSensor>>initializeEventSensorConstants (cs 2494)
we initialize the pool EventSensorConstants with:

#(#RedButtonBit 4)
#(#BlueButtonBit 2)
#(#YellowButtonBit 1)

Now, these are only used (AFAICT) in
EventSensor>>mapButtons:modifiers: to generate the
shift- or option- mouse buttons.

But the code elsewhere in the system (that is, xxxButtonPressed
in InputSensor and MorphicEvent) defines:

red button = 4
blue button = 1
yellow button = 2

Shouldn't these be the same definitions for blue and yellow?

And shouldn't the xxxButtonPressed functions use the constants
in EventSensorConstants so this doesn't happen? (and so I can
swap the mouse buttons easily)

Well, I thought so.

Enclosed is a fix for this that also allows swapping yellow/blue
mouse buttons.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA