Help compiling plugins

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Tue Oct 31 06:08:51 UTC 2000

I've run into a snag in getting the MPEG plugin working on Windows.  I've
got the code compiling without MMX support into a DLL that looks good,
however, Squeak doesn't seem to want to load it or call any of it's exported
functions.

I tried compiling TIPTestPlugin, and that isn't working either.  But, when I
re-compile DSAPlugin, no problems!

I'm using VC++6 (with the latest SP installed)...and Squeak 2.8 (and 2.9a)

I noticed that TIPTestPlugin uses the new primitive declaration syntax,
while the DSAPlugin does not.  Could there be a problem compiling these new
style plugins using the MS tools?  Can anyone else successfully compile
TIPTestPlugin and call it?  The only error indication is that when you try
and call any of the primitives, they fall through and fail...debugging the
process indicates that the DLL is not loaded.

I know it must be something obvious, but I just can't see it.  My next step
is to try it with GCC.

- Stephen