AGAIN MORE: Squeak becomes (almost) autistic???

jchludzinski at worldkey.net jchludzinski at worldkey.net
Fri Oct 27 20:17:17 UTC 2000

Here is what my timing calls do:

delay1 _ Delay forSeconds: 1.
[true] whileTrue: [
"store tank proxy or event data into a ByteArray (bar)"
t _ Time millisecondsToRun:[ osProcessToSocket
   valuesDo: "currently ONLY one object in osProcessToSocket"
     [:v |
        socket _ Socket newTCP.
        socket connectTo: v ip port: v port.
        socket waitForConnectionUntil: Socket standardDeadline.
        bytesSent _ socket sendData: bar.
        socket closeAndDestroy]].
Transcript cr; show: '--->> sendingRun millisecondsToRun: ' , t
printString.
delay1 wait]

delay1 _ Delay forSeconds: 1.
[true] whileTrue: [
t _ Time millisecondsToRun:[
ss _ self cQ getConnectionOrNil.
ss
   ifNotNil:
      [(ss waitForDataUntil: Socket standardDeadline)
         ifFalse: [self error: 'receive timeout'].
      bytesReceived _ ss receiveDataInto: bar.
      bytesReceived = 20
         ifTrue: ["create event from info in bar"].
      bytesReceived = 24
         ifTrue: ["update tank proxy from info in bar"].
ss closeAndDestroy]].
Transcript cr; show:'--->> receivingRun millisecondsToRun: ' , t
printString.
delay1 wait]

The 'delay1 wait' is intentional.  I thought it might be less
taxing for Squeak than 'Processor yield'.

Is there ANYTHING that I'm doing that is in the slightest way
suspicious???

---John