[FIX] Fraction>>asFloat returns infinity if numerator anddenominator both very large

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Thu Oct 12 04:19:33 UTC 2000

>Hi, Martin:
>
>>Okay, I've got a fix that works pretty well under all the conditions
>>I've tried. If anybody sees any way to make this better, let me know.
>>This fix incorporates bits of the suggestions quoted below.
>
>You fix looks good -- it takes care of denorm creation, as well as
>handling the infinity reductions.  Good Job!
>
>SqCentral; can we get this incorporated?

Sure -

I'm putting it out internally right now.  It probably won't get a lot of testing, since it took you crazies more than a year to even discover, but we'll certainly put out the fix.

Our latest internal spate of changes is, as predicted, still quite radioactive.  As soon as things cool off a bit we'll release those, and you should get your new asFloat (with maybe a few extra neutrons) at that time.

	- Dan