Interesting new target with Palm OS

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Oct 19 14:20:04 UTC 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 squeak at sysa.barnett.sk wrote:

> It runs Palm OS 3.1 so it should not be a problem to
> revise old Pilot port. I will try this hardware soon,
> because i want to sell it localy, and i will install
> mentioned palm port of squeak on it.
>
> Is there any previous porter or person which is able to take
> this oportunity ? I can send some "motivation" fee to
> his account ... :)

Perhaps you've mixed up Squeak and PocketSmalltalk
(http://www.pocketsmalltalk.com).  As far as I know, Squeak has never been
ported to the PalmOS.  And since PalmOS is PalmOS (hopefully), you should
be able to run PocketSmalltalk on a Visor with no problem.

The author of PocketSmalltalk was doing a port of the dev environment to
Squeak from Dolphin Smalltalk (http://www.pocketsmalltalk.com/squeak/),
perhaps this is what gave you the impression you have.

Aaron