ONCE AGAIN: 2.9a freezes! (WAS: Squeak becomes (almost) autistic???)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Oct 31 02:29:26 UTC 2000

jchludzinski at worldkey.net wrote:

> BUT when I try the exact same code on 2.9a - it freezes.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Another engineer I work with has hung
> Squeak 2.9a by simply saving the image.

Have you tried forking the threads at a priority lower than the
UI (i.e. use "forkAt: Processor userBackgroundPriority" instead of fork)?

This may tell you something.

A process running at or above the priority of the user interrupt handler
can keep Squeak from responding to a user interrupt.

A process running below that, but at or above the priority of the
UI, can keep you from being able to interact with the notifier that
the interrupt handler brings up.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA