[ANN] Multilingualized Squeak 2.8

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Sat Oct 14 23:34:52 UTC 2000

  Hi,

  There have been the discussion about the multilingualized
version of Squeak in this list, and I have been feelling
sorry for not release the updated version of it.  Recently,
some of the other Squeakers in Japan have made greate
contributions to the project and they made a
multilingualized image based on Squeak 2.8.

  This version includes:

  Chinese and Korean character handling (by Monaka-san)
  Scamper that handles Chinese, Korean, Japanese (by Abe-san)
  Celeste that handles Japanese (by Abe-san)
  Speaker that speaks Japanese (by Abe-san)
  Rome-ji to Kana Kanji conversion (by Abe-san)

  Sumi-san is working on more decent Japanese input method.

  If you have an interest in it, visit
http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/squeak-multilingual-e.html
.

  Thank you,

  -- Yoshiki

P.S.
  I happend to know that I'm going to go OOPSLA.  I can show
it.