[newbie] Printing

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 8 21:13:57 UTC 2000

Printing in Squeak isn't fleshed out very well.  There is a method to
print a form, if you have one, but I don't know how many platforms
actually support it.

You can save any morph to a postscript file using the red halo's "print
to PS file..." option.  So an option would be to open a file in Scamper,
and then save the textmorph in Scamper's window to a postscript file.

There's nothing in Squeak that will paginate a long HTML file for
printing.  So you'll run into trouble if you try to print something that
is longer than a page.

Anyway, the bottom line is that it's not at all easy in Squeak to
generate good postscript from HTML, much less actually print out
formatted HTML.  You might reconsider whether you really need to do
this.

-Lex