Bugz in 2.8

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Sep 1 19:45:16 UTC 2000

>Okidok, I've now discovered I think three different Collection bugs, for
>example, which I think is kinda serious. Some of them may have been around
>longer though. Which brought to mind the question of the fixes that have
>been posted since sma's last effort. When that list is compiled, things that
>should go into 2.8 should be picked out of that list. Problem is, how do we
>get those into 2.9a as well? By placing them in both streams?

Yes, exactly.  We have a well-automated process for reasing updates for the latest version (2.9a).  We also have a fairly well automated process (it gets better as we do more of it) for issuing updates for prior versions (such as 2.8).  The hard part is identifying things that are important enough to fix, and fixes that will both work in that older version, and not prevent if from being able to grow forward if desired.  We'll handle the job of getting the files into the right update streams.

So, for instance, if you were to submit contributions to 2.9a, you might recommend "and XXX and YYY, along with #2425 (say) from the 2.9a stream, should also be put in the 2.8 update stream".  That would be a real service!

	- Dan