[Unix]Can't get VM's off Ian's website

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 21 15:35:25 UTC 2000

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> is widely believed to have written:

> I have no problems to download 2.8 (src, rpm, ...) from
>
> ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/SOR/users/piumarta/squeak/

Ah-ha. But that isn't where you get to by following the links from the
'Download For Unix' page (etc) on the swiki, nor does Ian's page
(http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/) seem to work. Which is odd,
since the URLS on that page for 2.7 stuff point to files in the
directory you mentioned! Once you get to the right directory directly,
yup, no problem. Wierd.

I tried with Netscape on two linux machines and my Acorn !Fresco
browser.

 tim
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.