S q u e a k ' s m a n y u s e s ...

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 22:44:47 UTC 2000

=> 9/2/00 11:10:14 AM EDT, lispbliss at sage.cortland.com =>
<< I recently downloading Squeak and played around with it.  It is pretty
cool and a lot of fun.  I'm curious however, what are some of the main uses
Squeak is good at?  A friend said he uses it for hacking out ideas before
writing the apps in java.  I'd like to know what you guys use it for. >>

Hi Scott,

Does changing the world count? :-)

I think that many in the Squeak community, when discussing things that Squeak
is _not_ good at (at least potentially), take that as a starting point for a
discussion. Something along the lines of: "Well, if it's not good for that,
how do we change it so that it is?". Occasionally some topic comes up for
which it is argued, "Well, you shouldn't be doing that anyways," but the
Squeak community seems to represent an extremely broad spectrum of interests,
so that doesn't happen too often <unless, of course, you shouldn't be doing
that anyways> :-) .

Cheers,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated
"If you're not the lead dog,
 the scenery never changes."
    Bumper sticker on a car with Alaska plates.