Thread-safe TranscriptStream

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Sep 29 22:00:22 UTC 2000

>Could the keepers of Squeak 2.8 PLEASE add the changes to the
>TranscriptStream class that make it thread safe.  I posted this
>request a month ago and got NO response.  We are using Squeak in a
>prototyping effort and it would be greatly APPRECIATED if everytime
>one of our engineers downloads Squeak 2.8, they don't have to also
>remember to 'fileIn' the FIXED  TranscriptStream class.

Hi, John -

Sorry to be so slow to respond.  It IS our plan to funnel a few bug fixes into the 2.8 update stream, but I was leaving that up to other folks while we shovel hard here for a few months.  If no one else does this, I will see that it happens sooner or later.

In the meantime, why not take the 2.8 image, make all the changes you like to it, save it on a server of your own, and then have your engineers go to your server and get that version with nothing else to worry about.  Just a thought.

	- Dan