[UNIX] 2.8.3

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 7 01:43:59 UTC 2000

Ian Piumarta <Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr> is widely believed to have written:

> > > In the usual place:
> > Not so far as my Netscape can see; neither your inria site nor the uiuc
>
> The usual place being:
>
>   ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/SOR/users/piumarta/squeak/
> until 2.8 is "final", at which point I'll update the web page to
> point to the new stuff.
OK, but that isn't where you end up by following from
squeak.org->Downloading Squeak->Download for Unix->Squeak for Unix (your
website)->follow the development resources link!

> > Is there something wrong with the way that generating a plugin for
> > external use creates a suitably named directory for you?
>
> I wasn't aware that it did.  Last time I tried everything ended up
> in the cwd.
You have to
a) edit the list of modules in the Interpreter
class>translate:doInlining:forBrowserPlugin: to leave out the ones you
want external.
b) separately translate those you want as external. They get their own
directories.

tim

Useful random insult:- All hammer, no nail.