Squeak BOF? (was RE: OOPSLA anyone?)

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Sep 8 15:33:33 UTC 2000

>On 09/08/2000 Göran Hultgren (goran.hultgren at bluefish.se) wrote:  "Ah, a
>BOF, anyone organizing such a thing? SqC? I am interested in attending but
>there are much more experienced people that could organize..."

"Norton, Chris" <chrisn at Kronos.com> relied...
>I think Dan Ingalls and SqC organized last year's event.  It was great!
>There were a bunch of presentations and lots of Squeakers.
>
>To Dan, and/or to the good folks who have the wherewithal to host this
>year's event, here's my early vote for having the BOF ("Birds of a Feather")
>on Monday or Tuesday (because I will be back in Boston on Wednesday night).

John Malone really did most of the organizing last year, though I was there, along with Alan and most of our crew.  We expect to be there in force again this year (along with Ian and Marcus, who should have some J3 work to show), and we will certainly try to set up a BOF.

We usually shoot for the night before the banquet, so that's what we'll do again this year.  Thanks for the reminder -- we'll start to work on it immediately.

	- Dan