RSA Patent Dedicated to the Public

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at exobox.com
Thu Sep 7 02:39:12 UTC 2000

Andrew writes:
>To those working in crypto, the September 20, 2000 date comes early,
>as RSA dedicates its patents to the public domain:

I've resurrected Luciano's old RSA code (actually, it, er, never existed
before, um, today, cuz, well, that would be wrong) and it actually works
tolerably with the new LargeInteger stuff.  Generation of a decent sized
keypair (1024 bits) can take a long time though, on the order of a minute
or two on a Mac G3.  Luciano has suggested some potential improvements.  I
think it would be good to avoid a plugin there if possible.

-- Duane