Squeak 2.9a VM (on windows) lockups

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Sep 19 13:59:56 UTC 2000

Hi all:

Has anyone experienced some strange, seemingly random VM lockups on Windows?
I've had this happen to me several times now, seemingly at random...it
just happened again as I was grabbing the latest updates.

What happens is that the VM basically stops responding, chewing up 100%
of the CPU.  Hitting alt-. will sometimes bring up an interrupt
box, but it doesn't change anything...the VM still remains unresponsive
at 100% CPU.  The only solution is killing it off with the task manager.

I can't reproduce this reliably...it seems to happen randomly at random
times.  One time it happened when I was deleting a morph with the
halo menu.

I'm running this on NT 4.0 for what it's worth....I haven't seen this
happen on my Linux box at home.