SqueakNOS and Squeak in Internet applications

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Sep 7 04:03:57 UTC 2000

On 6 Sep 2000, Scott Jaderholm wrote:

> I looked at the SqueakNOS website, but I couldn't find a clear
> explanation of how far they are or what all works..  Can anyone give
> me answers?

I know nothing about SqueakNOS (there's also
<http://members.xoom.com/squeakos/>), but I am (very slowly) working on
getting something close to that by using the Linux kernel for drivers and
a display method via the framebuffer.  This is to the end of getting
Squeak to run as an OS on as many platforms as Linux does, from PDAs to
multi-processing servers (that's another plan of mine using multiple
images, but who knows when that will materialize). If you have Linux fb
experience and want to help, I could certainly use it. ;)

Aaron