Squeaklets on Squeak Swiki

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Mon Sep 11 17:46:02 UTC 2000

"Jochen F. Rick" wrote:

> I know people have talked about having squeaklets in the last few days.
> I'm not entirely sure what they mean by Squeaklet. I assume it means
> using the browser plug-in to have some active Squeak content and not
> replacing the browser with the SuperSwiki.
Although never formally defined I guess that's what we are talking
about. For Squeaklets are somewhat simliar to Java applets albeit much
more powerfull ;-)

> If that is the case, I would like to eventually add Squeaklet capability
> to the Squeak Swiki. If people have suggestions on how this could be
> done, please let me know.
>
> I could for instance see that you have project files (*.prj ?) in the
> uploads area and when you put a link in the Swiki page, it will show up
> as the plugin.

Acutally there are two different flavors of squeaklets: projects and
"real" squeaklets.
Right now I'm using a squeaklet to load projects, so for the user it
stays more or less transparent.

Michael