X fullscreen (was: Squeak on an iPAQ)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Sep 22 22:03:21 UTC 2000

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> I emailed the maintainer and he asked me what Squeak does to go
> full-screen. :)

Currently, it's only one call to
	XMoveResizeWindow(stDisplay, stWindow, 0, 0, screenWidth,  screenHeight)
except for the browser plugin case, which is reparented to the root window
first.

> So, I guess I"m going to need to dive into the horrors of XLib to
> unravel this puzzle.

Actually, XLib hacking isn't that bad. It's just that you have to be as
careful as in every other concurrent distributed environment. If not every
single piece of code slavishly obeys protocol, a confusion is inevitable.

> I'm convinced the problem is with KWin, since it doesn't happen with
> Enlightenment or with earlier betas of KWin.

Happened to me with Enlightenment. Works fine with FVMW.  ~8-}

-- Bert