Getting Squeak working on Mac OS X DP4

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Thu Sep 7 21:21:13 UTC 2000

> Hi thereI am just a dumb Smalltalk person who is also a Mac fan, I
> downloaded theversion of squeak for MacOS X DP4, and can not get it to
> run. I really donot wish to delve into a build of squeak just yet. Does
> anyone have anytips or an FAQ on getting it working ? When I double click
> on the appnothing happens, it does not seem to launch nor do I get any
> errormessages.ThanksVincent CoetzeeTechnology - eBucks.com

Drop into a shell, and cd into YBSqueak.app/Resources (I think that's what
it's called) and rename Info-nextstep.plist to Info-macos.plist.  I think
that's all I did to get it up.  If this means nothing to you, I can send
you my slightly modified version as soon as my computer gets some net
access...

Aaron