[ENH] 'value:' raiseTo: 2 -> 'value:value:'

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Sep 6 15:58:22 UTC 2000

Mats Nygren wrote:

> does this exist already, if so how would I have found it.

Playing around with the Method Finder, as Randal suggested, is the way
to go.

To me, raiseTo: sounds too similar to Number>>raisedTo: which is for
raising to a power.  (Whereas what we're doing is closer to a simple
multiplication.)   Perhaps something like repeat: (or repeatSequence:)
would be a better name.

I just poked around in VisualWorks 5i.2 to see if there was a similar
method, but I couldn't find one.  (No Method Finder there. :-) )

> Sending it again, attachments doesn't seem to work today, why should it,
> nothing else does.

Looks like you tried to use the 'mail to list' menu item from the change
sorter, which is broken in 2.8.  It is fixed in 2.9alpha.  A few people
have stumbled on this recently... I hope the fix for this is made in 2.8
before the final-final release, for whoever was keeping track of this.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com
  RiskMetrics Group, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.riskmetrics.com