A Squeak Speaklet

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Fri Sep 1 08:16:55 UTC 2000

>funny! it works nicely (once I left the emergency evaluator and
>clicked away 3 debuggers)

It works here, but I didnt use Berts Plugin image. I've produced one
of my own. Some tips:

 - starting with a clean 2.9alpha image (latest updates)
 - turn full screen mode off
 - changed a comment in a method, accepted the method, squeak will aks
   you for your initials. (Otherwise Squeak will ask you if code in a
   squeaklet is loaded/compiled and this is not intended)
 - file In launcher.cs and http-loader.cs from the file src.zip
   (go to
http://ifsl.mb.uni-magdeburg.de/~michael/plugin/plugin/download.htm for
download)
 - Open a new morphic project and enter it
 - Evaluate "PluginLauncher activate"
 - Save the image as SqueakPlugin.image into your Netscape/IE Plugin
directory
   (you get an error while saving the image that no loader script is found,
this is OK)
 - Note that you also need a VM, the plugin dll and appropriate plugin dll's
(like squeak3d.dll
   if you want to use 3D)

Maybe you want also prevent squeak from loading the source file (change
FileDirectory>>startup
for that).

To test, write an sts file (startup script), like this one (tetris.sts):

-------
	Smalltalk garbageCollect.
	Preferences
	        disable: #cmdDotEnabled;
        	compileHardCodedPref: #cmdGesturesEnabled enable: false;
        	compileHardCodedPref: #cmdKeysInText enable: false;
        	enable: #noviceMode.
	Project thumbnailFromUrl:
	'http://software.freepage.de/cronos/squeak/Projects/SqueakTetris.pr'
-------

Then write an HTML page including the following text:

	<embed type="application/x-squeak-source"
		src="tetris.sts" width="200" height="500" align="top"
memory="15"

pluginspage="http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/download.
html">

Test it in your browser.