Updates

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Sep 27 00:50:58 UTC 2000

Raymond,

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:12:06 -0700 Dan Ingalls <Dan.Ingalls at disney.com> wrote:
>Raymond Asselin <raymondasselin at sympatico.ca> wrote...
>>I updated my 2.9a images from #2657 and new changes set are there.
>>After filing all the changes set until #2699 no more menu when we click in the world !
>>Did somebody saw some documentation about these updates ?

Change set 2677 did the following:
------------------------
Makes the 'meta-menu' not accessible when the eToyFriendly preference is set to true.  The desktop menu remains accessible to those who know enough to hit cmd-shift-W while the mouse is over a bare piece of desktop.
------------------------
Do you have the eToyFriendly preference is set true?
Does cmd-shift-W work for you?
If your answers are Yes and No, then use cmd-period to get a debugger (or use any open workspace/browser/transcript window) and evaluate the following

	Preferences openPreferencesInspector

and set eToyFriendly to false.

>We are just completing a series of updates, and I was waiting for the last few before publishing.  Should be out tonight.
>
>With regards to the problem you report, the QA image that I run everything through does not have a problem invoking the world menu in either morphic or mvc, old projects or new.  If it happens after a second attempt, perhaps you could use the updateThrough... method in Utilities to find out where things go sour for you, and msg me offline about it.  If anyone else has this problem I'd be interested.

One problem is that the Mac 2.9alpha2 VM does not send the shifted character when the cmd key is pressed, making it a bit difficult to get the World menu while eToyFriendly.

Cheers,
Bob