[VOT] Newbie LinuxPPC install [was: Re: [Unix]Can't get VM's off Ian's website]

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Thu Sep 21 17:20:38 UTC 2000

I also installed this stuff last week and for some parts I thought is
was
easier to configure the way I wanted a couple of years ago when I last
did it.
The whole X/gnome/e whatever is really slow on my computer. And I
haven't
figured out/bothered to go further on to get dynamic internet lan
ethernet thingie
working (dhcp). I guess I'm less motivated to learn this stuff now when
I'm
seen/used Squeak. Most of the time Linux feels like a archeological
field trip
where the guide is talking some not recognizable language and the topic
is very much on the side to my real interest

Karl