using a different license (was "Python no longer GPL-compatible (Squeak implications?)")

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Mon Sep 11 01:51:11 UTC 2000

>Nooooo!
>
>Not after all the effort I have been through to convince people that a
>piece of software with the name 'Squeak' is a serious development
>environment!
>
>:)

Yeah, we should dump Squeak for something like "ST/I," so we can join
that pantheon of really serious names, alluding to: Tickle, Pearl,
Python and Gnu.  To say nothing of Squid, PopTop, and so forth.  :-)

Come on guys, this is truly silly stuff.  Let's get back to the
Planet Earth (where lawyers don't bond and never have bonded third
party use of open source software), get back to making great
contributions, and step away from all of this foolishness.
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)
NetWolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
www.netwolves.com

Please use werdna at mucow.com instead of werdna at gate.net