Zope features in Swiki?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Sep 22 19:47:43 UTC 2000

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Mark Guzdial wrote:

> >cool to see take on some of Zope's features.  The remote, web-based admin
> >is nice (www.swiki.net's is nice too- is that done in Squeak as well?).
>
> www.swiki.net is in Squeak.  Have you tried the latest Comanche Swiki
> admin utility?  We've now reached our goal with it -- we have an
> English professor administering her server without our intervention.

I wasn't aware of one.  I'll have to go find it- is it just on
comanche.swiki.net somewhere?

> >To have a look at what Stef is talking about check out
> ><http://www.zope.org>.
>
> What are the features of Zope that you'd like to see in Swiki? I've
> never used Zope, but when I've talked to serious Zope users, they
> tell me that it's pretty complicated to set-up and use, which has
> kept me away from it.

I found Zope pretty easy to set up.  I just installed it on a machine the
other day, as a part of Debian Linux.  I just told it that I wanted to
install Zope, told it my superuse login/password, and the port it wanted
to run on.  Wazzam.

What would I want in Comanche?  That I'll have to think about- I've not
used Zope for a while.  I'm going to look into that and write something up
for you.

Honestly, I thought Comanche was hard to set up- when I tried to, I found
no helpful tutorial on how to set up a Wiki, File Server.  Although I
did get my own Comanche modules going with little problem, with no
instructions.  In all fairness, PWS had a pretty nice setup tutorial,
though.

Aaron