Why aren't these Disney Python jobs for Squeak?

Paul Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Thu Sep 21 14:05:40 UTC 2000

The following job announcement over at the main Python site caught my
eye. I found this really disappointing. (Not to say Python isn't a great
language -- I like it too and use it for various things.) But still, why
aren't these openings and plans for Squeak?

Obviously internal politics may decide things for non-technical reasons,
but still, what is it that Squeak needs to make it the platform of
choice for Disney for these sorts of applications? <hint: business
Squeak type things...>

-Paul Fernhout
Kurtz-Fernhout Software
Creators of the Garden with Insight(TM) garden simulator
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com

From: http://www.python.org/Jobs.html