Slashdot discussion

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Sep 12 15:54:39 UTC 2000

Sigh...it took me quite a while to wean myself of an old Slashdot addiction.
Must..resist...temptation...to...return...  it would probably just raise
my blood pressure anyway. :)

Once upon a time Slashdot was genuinely a place of good discussion...in
fact, that's how I found out about Squeak (back in early '98)...I was
lamenting about the lack of free Smalltalks (and the perpetually dead
state of GNU Smalltalk) when someone pointed me here.  The demographic
on Slashdot has sadly changed quite dramatically since then. :(