[FIX] primRename:toBe: on MacFileDirectory

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Tue Apr 10 15:31:26 UTC 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:04:43 -0400 "Jochen F. Rick" <nadja at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:47:34AM -0400, Bob Arning wrote:
>> Could you say more about what is not supported? I rename files from Squeak all the time on a Mac and haven't seen a problem.
>
>Ah. Renaming by primitive only works if it is simply a rename in the same
>directory, but not if it across directories. The Squeak code is written
>to also allow the later, but it is not supported by the MacVM.

I wonder if expecting rename to move (or copy) files to different directories/servers is a good idea. My naive expectation of rename would be to "change the name of the file/directory". If you really want to move the file somewhere else, wouldn't it be better to use something more explicit?

Cheers,
Bob