UNIX downloads? (with Windows answers)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Apr 7 19:52:20 UTC 2001

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Steve Gilbert wrote:

> The ears on the Squeak mouse are squared on just the inside edge and
> the colors are off.  It seems to be missing the red and so all of the
> screens are blues, aquas, and greens. If I go to the local Xterm on
> the Unix server I get a slightly different color rendering, this time
> everything has a black bias to it like backgrounds and things.

What happens if you switch the display depth (in world menu - appearance)?

> Oh, and one other thing, if I start to work in say a System Browser I
> begin to get messages to the stdout/stderr window of:
>
> input event buffer overrun

That happens on to slow or to fast systems ;^)

A temporary fix is to increase the event buffer size in sqXWindow.h. Also,
someone (Tim?) wrote about a fix that drops old mouse move events, which
would be a Good Thing on a slow machine ...

-- Bert