Exploiting http services with squeak

Markus G ä lli gaelli at emergent.de
Wed Apr 11 23:22:51 UTC 2001

Hi,

I was quite impressed by Squeak using http-services like FreeTranslation.com
or wordnet.

But how can one find out the parameters for a given http-service on the
internet?
E.g. for using FreeTranslation.com you have to know how to fill your
post-message as follows:

FreeTranslation class >> translate: aString from: fromLang to: toLang
(...)
inputs _ Dictionary new.
inputs at: 'SrcText' put: (Array with: aString).
inputs at: 'Sequence' put: #('core').
inputs at: 'Mode' put: #('html').
inputs at: 'template' put: #('TextResult2.htm').
inputs at: 'Language' put: (Array with: fromLang, '/', toLang).
(...)

I want to connect to a chatterbot like
http://www.hamill.co.uk/cgi-bin/hamill/mabel1/mabel.cgi

Do I have to ask the hosts of the site or is there a more "generic"
solution?
Any other ideas for http-services Squeak could legally "exploit" ?

Markus