Another Morphic Tutorial

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Thu Apr 19 00:42:38 UTC 2001

Scott.Wallace at disney.com
told me how to find where halo images are set up.

Running Squeak 3.0.1 on a PowerMac G3, I was poking around looking at
WonderlandCamerMorph and Preferences and so on, and noticed
that there is _already_ an option to set up plain coloured
handles.  So I thought I'd try it.

Issue 1.  Why are the "iconic" handles and the "simple" handles
in different places?  That's really confusing.  There are three
separate questions:

    - What is the appearance of each handle?
    - Which handles are to be displayed and which not?
    - Where is each handle placed?

It would be nice to vary the answers independently.  I would like to be
able to change the appearance of the handles without changing which ones
are displayed or where they are displayed.

Issue 2.  Shortly after setting the preference to "simple" handles
and trying them out, Squeak locked up, and a MacOS box appeared in
the middle of the screen, the text disappearing before I could read it.
The CD continued to play, but nothing else worked, so I'm rebooting now.

Apart from that, a hearty thanks to Scott Wallace for a very helpful reply.