Squeak port to HP Jornada J720 (WinCE ARM H/PC)

Francois Le Coguiec francois_le_coguiec at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 03:06:31 UTC 2001

Hello Squeakers,

Thanks to Ned Konz's great work posted at http://nedkonz.dhs.org:8080/Ned/6,
I was able to get Squeak 2.9 3193 to run on my J720! (check out the J720 at
http://www.hp.com/jornada/products/700/overview.html)
All it took was a couple of changes in the project settings to recompile for
the ARM target with the free Microsoft Embedded Visual C++ compiler.
Browsers in Morphic are fine, but the Morphic "Play with Me" are pretty
useless (too slow, or spreading out of reach on the 1/2 VGA screen). I use
the normal image: 14,342KB. I don't seem to get any sound, but the network
stuff works.
I would like to compare the performance with other PDAs (Linux or WinCE)
ports. How do I run a benchmark?

Cheers,
-Francois-