New(?) Carbon VM and Mac OS X

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Tue Apr 3 21:18:55 UTC 2001

On Freitag, März 30, 2001, at 07:26  Uhr, Eric Scharff wrote:

> BTW:  I downloaded the Marcel's Cocoa port for OS X final, but for some
> reason it crashes every time I choose "Save and Quit."  I've yet tried
> debug or recompile.  My goal isn't to complain about the Cocoa port.

Yes, I think there's an exception, but I think it also consistently
occurs after the save.  Since you are quitting anyway, it shouldn't make
that much of a difference... ;-)  Although I agree it definitely should
be fixed.

By the way, I appreciate you not wanting to complain, but I'd much
rather if you did complain!  If you don't send bug-reports, it is
difficult for me to fix things.

> In my development situation, I need a Squeak that I can put on a disk
> and
> easily migrate between OS X and OS 8 & 9 machines.

Well, the image should be portable, but the Cocoa VM definitely will not
work on MacOS<X

Regards,

Marcel