[BUG] BookMorph>>savePagesOnURL doesn't work

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Apr 6 18:27:50 UTC 2001

I tried to save the pages of a BookMorph (for the first time) as separate
SqueakPages, using the 'send all pages to server' menu option.

This blows up in ServerDirectory class>>defaultStemURL because I don't have a
server named 'DaniOnJumbo'.

The comment in that method says "users should insert their own server URL
here". I rather disagree with that (it probably should be a Preference), but
I changed it instead to answer 'file:/tmp/BK' followed by the same random 4
characters.

(I was going by the comment in BookMorph>>saveAsNumberedURLs that says "the
local disk could be the server")

I then tried it again, and got as far as being able to specify "save using
page numbers". Then I got a walkback in SqueakPage>>write because remoteFile
was nil in the line remoteFile dataIsValid.

At this point, url was 'file://tmp/1.sp' and sf was
ServerDirectory<file://tmp/1.sp>.

It seems like these are invalid file: URL's, right? Beyond this, is it
actually possible to save the pages of a BookMorph on a local file?

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com