[BUG] Mac Squeak gets all mouse events even when not active

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 6 04:01:49 UTC 2001

John M McIntosh wrote:

> At 6:10 PM -0700 4/5/01, Scott Wallace wrote:
> I used to have this trouble (for more than a year)...
>
> >   John, have you any insights, or plan of attack, to offer on this?

[snip]
Hah! You think you got troubles with events? You should see the fun I'm
having with events for the Acorn; no mouse move events are ever
provided, you don't get mid-level events suitable for our needs at all!
Risc OS provides very high level events in a manner that depends on what
kind of _button_ you tag the window to be. Or you can sit on the lowest
level OS vectors and have the fun of deciding whether the interupt is
relevant to your program or not. Oh, and remember that a Risc OS app can
be the active one even if it is buried behind many others, so no simple
test of coordinate->rectangle is useful. It's almost enough to make me
fond of X.

tim