[ENH] command-q completion alphabetized

Andrew P. Black apb at cse.ogi.edu
Mon Apr 23 16:15:47 UTC 2001

It has long irked me that when I type command-q to get selector
completion, the suggestions are in apparently random order.
(Actually, it's the order of the hash method on Symbols.)

The attached changeset fixes this.  It has a side effect: in order to
sort all of the suggestions, the code has to find them all when
command-q is first typed.  This takes a just perceptible amount of
time, at least on my G3.  However, I have added a cache so that
second and subsequent command-qs are lightning fast.

Because this changes the existing behaviour, I have flagged it as an
ENH not as a FIX.  Some may not like it.  I suppose that the sorting
could be a preference, but I just couldn't see adding a help balloon
that reads "Checking this box will randomize the order in which
command-q suggests completions to incomplete selectors and globals"
;-)

ChangeSet attached.  The new code is also more readable, I believe,
and I got to remove a method  (WeakSet>>do:after) that was there just
to support the old code.

	Andrew