[OT] Simputer - a good target for Squeak and a good cause too

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 17 22:26:23 UTC 2001

Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se> is widely believed to have written:

> The CPU is a StrongARM 1111 at 206 MHz, screen size (320x240), memory
> capabilities (32MB RAM) and the OS (GNU/Linux). Pen-based, no kbd.
Since it is essentially an Itsy/NetWinder/iPaq it would take no more
than a simple compile. Except..... there seems to be a really stupid bug
in the floating point support of the latest distributions for ARM,
affecting (at least) recent NetWinders and the iPaq. Basically, if you
compile with any optimisation you get an illegal fp instruction fault.
Annoyingly, this did not happen with the previous NW release. Even more
annoyingly, I have had no luck getting any response from either
netwinder.org or linuuxarm.org :-(

Oh and the LART boards are apparently available fom my old mates at
AlephOne in the UK.

tim

Strange OpCodes: WFL: Wave FLag