Squeak Foundation suggestion

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Apr 16 20:12:20 UTC 2001

Paul Fernhout wrote:

> Doug Way wrote:
> > Would a good next step be to set up a mailing list to help
> > get all interested parties involved?
> > I suppose the foundation could just be discussed on this list,
> > but that might be somewhat disruptive.
> > [snip]
> > Anyway, I'm just throwing out some ideas, hoping that the
> > momentum doesn't get lost.
>
> I myself would make the effort to track another list on this issues if
> one appeared immediately (although I avoid things like Yahoo groups for
> privacy concern and so would prefer something else).
>
> However, I would suggest first attempts at defining the purpose and
> principles of a Squeak Foundation might best be done initially on the
> Squeak List. Then, discussion could move to a special mailing list after
> a few weeks or months of discussion of these topics draws together
> active participants into a critical mass.

Good points... I could go either way.  However, it looks like some discussion may be getting started on the SqueakFoundation mailing list which Cees set up, so I would encourage participation in that list so that discussion doesn't get split up among two lists.  At the very least, though, we should try to post a progress update or somesuch to the main Squeak list periodically so that everyone is aware of what's going on.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com