Squeak and PalmOs?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Sat Apr 14 18:39:31 UTC 2001

Was I bashing? I thought I was just pointing out an unpleasant easily
avoided (by them if they had thought ahead or read a little more
about how to do this stuff) state of affairs .... Saying they are the
most widespread PDA (as though this somehow justifies their mistakes)
is a lot like the similar statements about Microsoft being the most
widely used SW, therefore ...... -- what does this have to do with
whether their stuff is any good or not?
      Palm is not selling into a SW value oriented market, but into a
consumer one. They are probably working on a better theory of
implementation right now (just as MS and Apple had to) because they
couldn't see ahead or even understand the actual state of the art
when they started.

Cheers,

Alan

------