List policy

Scott A Crosby crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 26 19:50:10 UTC 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:23:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Scott A Crosby <crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu>
To: squeak-request at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: Bug in package browser

On 23 Apr 2001 squeak-request at cs.uiuc.edu wrote:

> because your e-mail address does not appear to be subscribed.  You
> can only send mail to the mailing list if you are subscribed.  If
> you are possibly subscribed under another alias, please
> let me know so I can change it if necessary.

I am curious why you have this policy. It can be convenient to send
messages without being subscribed, especially if it is something short,
like a bug report.  To sign up requires somewhat more effort; both the
subscription, and the mail filtering to put hte messages in a seperate
filter.

As such, will you change the policy and/or at least forward this message?

Scott