Running Squeak without an OS

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 04:15:54 UTC 2001

Jerome Lee wrote:

> I read the documentation for the Self
> Programming Language/Environment, and the Morphic interface. I like
> it alot. Is there a way to recreate the programming interface in
> Squeak, that is present in the Morphic Interface for Self?

You're ahead of me here by about a week, Jerome: I've downloaded the
stuff on Self but have yet to read it properly. So I can't really
comment on how Self's Morphic differs from Squeak's Morphic as I've only
glanced at the paper on the former. I'd love to know something of the
history of Squeak goes Morphic.

But, there is a port of Self for Linux/Intel promised, so don't pop out
and buy that Sparc yet (mind you, I hear they can be snapped up very
cheap in the States).

John

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."