SDL, OpengL, etc (was: Squeak + Darwin)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Apr 12 15:17:28 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Joshua Channing Gargus wrote:

> I have a class project where I'm doing this via a hacked vm that
> creates the GL visual when Squeak first creates its two XWindows.  It
> is horrible (no, make that HORRIBLE), but it hangs together.
>
> > > And then, I'm not sure if I can mix X11 drawing with GL drawing on
> > > the same drawable ...
> >

> There doesn't seem to be a problem.

So ... you're not creating another window, but just create a GLX visual
for the inner Squeak window? And then you create a GL context and use this
for drawing via GL, while Squeak creates the X context and uses it for
drawing? That's exactly what I want. Could you send me your code?  :-)

For GL drawing, do you use FFI? On Linux, with what OpenGL implementation,
Mesa or Nvidia's GLX?

-- Bert