Who shall we hang?

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 24 15:25:49 UTC 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hinsley [mailto:jhinsley at telinco.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 2:44 PM
To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: Who shall we hang?

> So why not ask for a procedure where you can Read-In a picture of your
> favorite enemie and then past that on the poor guy in your game.

I'm sure *somebody* could code that, but, remember, I'm a newbie, and
there's quite enough in the original to make it an interesting project!

Yes, but another way of doing tutorials could be: giving each newbie his own
dream-project-page (after the basic exercises):
You can state there your wish for example your hangman, do a proposal for a
first draft and then scream for help...
I think that just the comments of the people who know that it seems logic to
look for an object in store A but that it would make more sense to look in
store B if you realize that... have the most value. (For example in the
tutorial of Dan's counter, he makes the remark that he finds it not logical
to have to look for a basicbutton under a scripting-menu, but if the
grouping-conceptt is "Having a collecting of scriptable objects" then has it
for me more sense... are there more of these organzing rpinciples in the
object-tree of squaek?