My NotSoMinimal VM (was Re: Why FFI is working ?)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 13 14:57:56 UTC 2001

"phiho.hoang" <phiho.hoang at home.com> is widely believed to have written:

>     With this fix, I was able to move 16 additional plugins out of Squeak
> executable simply by changing the make file, the source files are unchanged.
>
>     These plugins are : ADPCMCodecPlugin, B2DPlugin, BitBltPlugin, DSAPrims,
> FFTPlugin, FloatArrayPlugin, JPEGReaderPlugin, Klatt, LargeIntegers,
> Matrix2x3Plugin, MiscPrimitivePlugin, MPEGPlugin, SoundCodecPrims, Squeak3D,
> StarSqueakPlugin, SurfacePlugin, ZipPlugin on top of SqueakFFIPrims and
> MPEGPlugin.
>
>     What is the naming convention for the plugins? How is a
> 'SomethingPlugin' different from 'AnotherThingPrims' ? Poor 'Klatt',
> 'LargeIntegers' and 'Squeak3D' are neither a plugin nor a prims :-)

My VMMaker (nearly releasable, just making a version suitable for the
StableSqueak image) handles all this stuff and makes a _really_ minimal
VM possible. I've done all the plugin renaming to make it little less
confusing as well.

Coming soon to a website near you...

tim
Strange OpCodes: SNARF: System Normalize And Reset Flags