Pink Squeak (was Re: Stable Squeak?)

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Apr 23 04:55:03 UTC 2001

"Jim Benson" <jb at speed.net> wrote...
>You people may want to think a little outside the box and not include the
>word Squeak in the tile, along the lines of  eSmalltalk, iSmalltalk or
>ibSmalltalk. Lots of little letters in front...

Back when I had thought the Squeak Foundation would be chartered mainly to serve "serious" developers, I thought that a name like "Open Smalltalk" might be easier for those clients to understand.  Squeak would then connote the various experiments in and out of SqC, and Open Smalltalk to the relatively stable (documented, etc) base system.

For this reason I think it will be useful to determine how we want to organize all the activity, and what the "charters" of the varous projects are.

Then choosing names should be easy.

	- Dan