[ENH] Accessor Methods for instance variables

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Apr 15 19:27:44 UTC 2001

"Andrew P. Black" <apb at cse.ogi.edu> wrote:

> Right now, the link between the control panel and the class is one
> way: clicking in the control panel creates or deletes a method, but
> deleting a method (in a browser, say) does not cause the control
> panel to update.  I'm seeking advice on how to make this work.
>
> I have thought about writing a step method for the control panel,
> which might get control every few seconds.  But then what?  Is there
> a fast way of checking to see when the methods of class were last
> changed?  I really don't want to have to re-examine the method bodies
> every few seconds

I believe there are several changed: messages that get sent when list
selections
and/or method text get changed. You could become a dependent of the
appropriate entities
and respond to them.

Also, you can query the browser itself as to its selected class and
method, and also query
the text pane for its timestamp.

Or you can just call Utilities>>timeStampForMethod: to get a timestamp.