how to gracefully terminate a headless Comanche swiki?

txporter at mindspring.com txporter at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 27 14:22:40 UTC 2001

I am experimenting with Comanche on my Linux box, using the newest Linux vm (3.0pre2).  After I set it up pointing to the correct port, I saved and exited, then started it using the -headless option.

This is running great, but I was wondering if there is a way to gracefully shut it down, rather than killing the swiki process?

Perhaps a function available through the admin pages to shut the swiki down?

If not, will it hurt anything to kill the swiki process?  My first impression is it should not since it seems that changes to the swiki are written out to the swiki directory structure as they occur.

Thanks to all for such an interesting tool.  I'm really impressed with it.

Tom P.