[ENH] GeniePlugin

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Apr 17 12:32:04 UTC 2001

Hi Nathanael:

Just to keep you up-to-date, I managed to rebuild the 3.0 VM with the
appropriate plugins with some difficulty (they've messed with the build
chain a bit on the ARM machine I'm compiling on) and gotten things up
and running on my iPaq.

First and foremost, I really can't test the GeniePlugin with the enhanced
StrokeMorph.  I'm still having a lot of difficulty using the new StrokeMorph.
When I pen-down and start making a gesture, the StrokeMorph will very
quickly draw a couple of pixels and then stop, as though I had raised
the pen.  Every now and then it lets me draw a complete gesture, but mostly
it foils my attempts.  Do you have any ideas on how I might better
debug this?  I suspect this is a timing problem that only appears on
slow devices.

I will try again tonight with an image that doesn't use the new StrokeMorph...
at least this way I can test the plugin properly.