Emergency Evaluator + BSS

Joshua Channing Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 25 21:13:29 UTC 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 12:40:10PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> The minnow swiki seems to be down, so I have a question that may be a
> FAQ:

I just kicked it and it started working again.

> What can I do in the emergency evaluator?  I keep getting dumped into
> one (rather, a stack trace pops up with the message I can hit CR for
> an evaluator or anything to resume).  I've tried undoing the last
> command, but I've had to bail out of the image to get anywhere.
>
> I am suspicious that this is happening because I've been using the
> same image from GNU/Linux and Windows.  The directory it is in
> includes a changes, image, and sources file.  The sources file came
> from the Linux install.  So could this be causing trouble?  How do I
> find out which files are being used (i.e., is the sources in the
> working directory or the one with the original install in use).
>
> Last question: is it true that
> BSS == Bob's Super Swiki == minnow?  If not, what are these things, and
> where do I find them?

BSS == Bob's Super Swiki ~= minnow

BSS is a laptop at Bob's house.  I don't know its physical location,
but you can get to it by clicking the 'Find' button on the orange
ProjectNavigationMorph clinging to the bottom left of your screen.
Alternately, you can execute
	"self morphicViewProjectLoader openInWorld"
and browse to BSS there.

Joshua